United Systems Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkwing Duck's History

3 posters

Go down

Darkwing Duck's History Empty Darkwing Duck's History

Post  Hubes Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:08 pm

This deserves it's own thread as it's far more detailed then a simple reply or comment...Awesome job and I look forward to more ^_^

Darkwing_Duck wrote:Wow, I don't think I can provide anything as detailed as the novella Hubes is producing, but here is my shot.

As you may have noticed I was a member in USF before Hubes. I was invited into SLA(Systems Lord Alliance....I think) which was the factions name before a merger and leadership change, by the infamous Sonya. She along with Inpu and Toombs were the leadership group at the time. You'll notice that Inpu is the founder. At the time the SLA was trying to establish themselves in both Zaria and Casia, with Sonya and Inpu and most of the members based in Casia, and Toombs and some others, including me, in Zaria. I started out in a V2 Miner and was out irid mining from the start. I got an upgrade within the first week, just a larger LMR, and paid back the points over time, it helps not just getting irid. I dabbled in trading a bit as well and still have a bunch of nut packs in Toombstone Store, because Toombs sold it before I could move them.

The mining group in Zaria was pretty much non-existent, so I was doing all my own scouting, transporting, refining and mining. The number of OPs at the time was a lot lower. So I eventually noticed that I should be moving over to Casia where there was a robust mining group lead by Sonya. This all happened about 2 years ago, so the exact chain of events are fuzzy, but in some order I got my second upgrade, this time a MR from Inpu. Sonya got in a tiff with the other leaders and decided to break off and form her own faction, called the Fallen Angel's Alliance(FAA), this may or may not have happened before Inpu decided to quit and so gifted me about 6k points worth of that MR, he came back to the game not much later and formed the USSR(or what ever that groups name was). Most of the mining group that I was now a part of left with her, including one member that sticks in my mind called Coldzero. I contemplated leaving too, but decided that my loyalties were more with Toombs than Sonya. By this time we had pretty much abandoned Zaria. Meanwhile a merger was happening with, maybe ERA(Exillis Rain Alliance), Inpu was around for this. Toombs quit. I cried...not really. With the merger came a new name, we voted on USA(United Systems Alliance) got changed soon after. For the record my vote was not for USA. MM(Michael Martin) and Chat moved into the power positions with Avatar as a secondary leader and leader of the/a trade group. Not sure if Chat was ERA or not but MM and Ava came from there. Another prominent member at the time was Artemis, MM often accused him of being jealous that Inpu chose him for P1.

With the merger we moved to Solia, mining the expanses was still not popular(I remember seeing a 300M iso Quad roid, but tet was then the ore of demand and quad was where tet is now) and the competition was getting too much in Casia for what was largely a newb mining group. I think Hartbaern was the mining leader at the time but he was becoming inactive and would soon leave. We though the competition was just as tough in Solia, but later found out that many of our mining troubles may have been due to a multi that had multiple accounts in AIA and one in USF and some other factions. At any rate, this lead to our new home of Nespia. During the move I helped move some of the many OPs, which lead to me being noticed as a loyal member and a member with potential.

Ok so maybe my novella will compete, just not as nicely written. More to come.
Hubes
Hubes
Military Commander

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Darkwing Duck's History Empty Re: Darkwing Duck's History

Post  Kanti_Saper Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Very cool. I've always liked listening to everyone give history lessons when I was new at all of this. It's fun to know where the faction came from Smile
Kanti_Saper
Kanti_Saper
Special Branch Commander

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkwing_Duck Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 am

After writing all that I noticed that Ava has written something similar. Our recollection of timing is somewhat different, but key events are mentioned. So to get Ava's take look under USF History.

Darkwing_Duck
New Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down