United Systems Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My history

3 posters

Go down

My history Empty My history

Post  Hubes Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I figured personal histories would go a long way in describing the faction's past.

I started off down in Genia with a V2 LFR. I'd played many games of all kinds, and I knew how important it was to pick the right faction in this kind of game. I fumbled around with the interface (never did go to the chat) and eventually I figured out how to use the Price lists and trade goods for profit. I remember getting ticked off blowing $1 mil on a single point because I didn't understand it :p I got tons of invites from all kinds of factions, but a few looked interesting...including one from Vagoo (currently Darkwing Duck) for the USF. After I traded a few weeks, I felt confident enough to finally make a choice...there was a part of USF's introduction that tipped the scale in their favor...it mentioned that the USF was a peaceful faction, and did not tolerate aggression from it's members...and this was my goal...building up in peace. I hated combat and would retain those views for a long time in my CS career.

After I joined I was placed under Avater who...along with Vagoo...sent me more money as starting money then I knew what to do with (was around $500 mil maybe?) I did some trading, and started getting to know people in the faction comms. I spent most of my time talking with Logan Moon, Absolute Zero, Chwaee, Styx, and Double D. AZ build me my first personal ship after I made a donation to the game for points...a BFR named the AZ Minilancer. The second ship was the Ore Merchant HMR. Moon Built me my first SB, then a SD and a second SB. I was quickly getting addicted to building up, and my next purchase opened the floodgates...the Hubes CS. A SY was the first OP I built...then I joined up with Double D and we moved to E7. OPs and ships poured out and before long we had all the refineries, an SD, SYs, SCs, and most of the manus...we were missing the weapons and targetting manus, and a dry dock...once again a product of my dislike of war in CS. Before we could complete our final OPs something big would happen that would put all such thoughts aside...something that had never happened before...a massive war was brewing...

*****will continue*****
Hubes
Hubes
Military Commander

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

My history Empty Re: My history

Post  Kanti_Saper Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 am

Very interesting. Look forward to more Smile
Kanti_Saper
Kanti_Saper
Special Branch Commander

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hubes Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

***Part 2***

Orders from above came down and ordered us to Heavy Dock all our eco ships...without exception. Something was going to happen, but everything was to be kept a very close secret. In hindsight I'm amazed it stayed a secret...days went by as we waited for word. Faction comms (still the old comms that could be abused) were filled with questions and impatience...but little answers. The general word got around that AIA would be the target, but it was not confirmed. Finally the word was given and the first attack wave went in. AIA ships were sunk, and allied ships went through scrub points and scattered into the expanses. I wasn't online at the time most attacks went out, but I did get into a couple battles. I still held my dislike for combat, and added to my inability to be online at attack time I eventually retired to my E7 base and started preparing to build warships for USF. I didn't realize it at the time but Chat had amassed more ships then we could ever use at the time, but Chat humored me and 2 Dis FGs (Sohryu) came off the line...one of which is still in service today. The largest war at its time came to a close, and we all started going back to our eco tasks.

Many things happened at this point in time that changed the faction immensely, including an influx of new members (many converts from AIA) and a much more dynamic political climate, but I had little to do with either so I'll leave those details to those that know them better.

I continued to work out of E7 buying ore and building dozens of outposts and ships...eventually donating 6 HMRs to the mining crew (Ore Merchant II). One day I logged in to find every OP and ship owned by my partner Double D was now owned by Jenos Ti...a CS admin. It took quite some time to find out that he had been involved in the exploit of a particular bug that enabled a player unlimited wealth. Around this time there were some disputes between miners and traders over mining tactics and ethics, and after a length of time Avater led the trading team into E3 and the East Mining team was borne. I sold Avater my original SD (currently the Aquila Harbor) as I had gotten nervous and built a monster SD after the war. Mining went on for some time, but shared duties made it hard to maintain and Logan Moon became the leader of E3. I'd been friends with Moon for some time at this point, so what started first as building him refineries soon turned into assisting him with the mining team. I had worked under Styx in the E2 team, so it was a quick adaptation. E3 prospered for a bit until Moon announced he was stepping down from E3 and taking a break from the game due to real life issues. While I was thinking about what to do next a few of the E3 miners expressed their desire to keep working under me in E3. After talking to Dave and Styx I became the new E3 mining leader. E3 ran for quite some time with little interruption but relations between one of my members and a mining leader continued to degrade until he was removed from the E3 team...taking a couple guys with him. We ran with reduced manpower for some time but eventually the workload just started to become too much and I made the sad decision to close down E3. This was around the time the E2/WTO incident happened.

There was a small stretch of time where I did small stuff but nothing large scale. I still built ships and OPs on occasion, but nothing like I used to. During this lull I was approached by Avater who was looking for someone to take over the planet Wahur. I soon became a Planet Leader for the first time and stumbled my way through planet trading. I moved my SD and a few other OPs down to Wahur and set myself up to trade and build up my rating. CS politics were getting particularly nasty at this point in time, and I was a little disillusioned with the aggressive position the faction was adopting. There were still many that I trusted and respected in the faction, but my activity slowed down a lot. I logged in every day and did some trading, checked messages, etc...but I had long since withdrawn from the forums and main chat and had recently withdrawn from the faction comms as well. Then word went out that multiple factions were preparing to attack us. My slowly eroding patience and pacifism finally cracked and I was ready for battle...

*****to be continued*****
Hubes
Hubes
Military Commander

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkwing_Duck Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 am

Wow, I don't think I can provide anything as detailed as the novella Hubes is producing, but here is my shot.

As you may have noticed I was a member in USF before Hubes. I was invited into SLA(Systems Lord Alliance....I think) which was the factions name before a merger and leadership change, by the infamous Sonya. She along with Inpu and Toombs were the leadership group at the time. You'll notice that Inpu is the founder. At the time the SLA was trying to establish themselves in both Zaria and Casia, with Sonya and Inpu and most of the members based in Casia, and Toombs and some others, including me, in Zaria. I started out in a V2 Miner and was out irid mining from the start. I got an upgrade within the first week, just a larger LMR, and paid back the points over time, it helps not just getting irid. I dabbled in trading a bit as well and still have a bunch of nut packs in Toombstone Store, because Toombs sold it before I could move them.

The mining group in Zaria was pretty much non-existent, so I was doing all my own scouting, transporting, refining and mining. The number of OPs at the time was a lot lower. So I eventually noticed that I should be moving over to Casia where there was a robust mining group lead by Sonya. This all happened about 2 years ago, so the exact chain of events are fuzzy, but in some order I got my second upgrade, this time a MR from Inpu. Sonya got in a tiff with the other leaders and decided to break off and form her own faction, called the Fallen Angel's Alliance(FAA), this may or may not have happened before Inpu decided to quit and so gifted me about 6k points worth of that MR, he came back to the game not much later and formed the USSR(or what ever that groups name was). Most of the mining group that I was now a part of left with her, including one member that sticks in my mind called Coldzero. I contemplated leaving too, but decided that my loyalties were more with Toombs than Sonya. By this time we had pretty much abandoned Zaria. Meanwhile a merger was happening with, maybe ERA(Exillis Rain Alliance), Inpu was around for this. Toombs quit. I cried...not really. With the merger came a new name, we voted on USA(United Systems Alliance) got changed soon after. For the record my vote was not for USA. MM(Michael Martin) and Chat moved into the power positions with Avatar as a secondary leader and leader of the/a trade group. Not sure if Chat was ERA or not but MM and Ava came from there. Another prominent member at the time was Artemis, MM often accused him of being jealous that Inpu chose him for P1.

With the merger we moved to Solia, mining the expanses was still not popular(I remember seeing a 300M iso Quad roid, but tet was then the ore of demand and quad was where tet is now) and the competition was getting too much in Casia for what was largely a newb mining group. I think Hartbaern was the mining leader at the time but he was becoming inactive and would soon leave. We though the competition was just as tough in Solia, but later found out that many of our mining troubles may have been due to a multi that had multiple accounts in AIA and one in USF and some other factions. At any rate, this lead to our new home of Nespia. During the move I helped move some of the many OPs, which lead to me being noticed as a loyal member and a member with potential.

Ok so maybe my novella will compete, just not as nicely written. More to come.

Darkwing_Duck
New Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Hubes Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Awesome DD...this was too good not to get it's own thread:
Darkwing Duck's History
Hubes
Hubes
Military Commander