United Systems Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CS Battlefields

3 posters

Go down

CS Battlefields Empty CS Battlefields

Post  Hubes Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm

It had been a rather uneventful day. Tests on the newly completed, state of the art Gosroth class Cruiser had been completed hours ago, and the usual plethora of reports were being issued to just about anyone with a title. Captain Hubes slumped in his chair rubbing his temples...he loathed the tedious testing and paperwork involved in the launch of a new ship. He was more then happy in his Thylaceo II class Destroyer...a ship that had seen him safely through many battles, but considering he had a major role in the design, development, and construction of this particular ship he knew he had little choice in the matter. A look at the rather plain room that served as his quarters as well as the tattered padded chair that currently held him and it was painfully obvious that he cared far more for comfort and practicality then appearance. He was, however, looking forward to a true test of the ships abilities. "Just a few more weeks left", he spoke dryly to himself...wishing the time left before the ships maiden voyage would not move as painfully slow as the last few weeks.

The war had gone on for some time now and while the United Systems Fleet had been outnumbered heavily, the 'easy win' that the coalition had expected turned out to be anything but. Many months passed and the fierce initial battles slowly degraded into smaller skirmishes and shows of force. Losses on both sides were continuing to mount, and there was a rush to get new ships to the front.

Hubes had been stationed at his base orbiting his planet of Wahur for the entirety of the war at this point. It was far more remote then the faction's primary installation at Rakus, but thanks to his personal funds it was better equipped then many entire factions. He enjoyed the remoteness of Wahur, and was happy to leave the defense of Rakus and the main Space Dock to the Chief Military Commander of the USF, Chatwarrior.

Just starting to relax, the sudden blaring of the alarms made him jump to his feet. His shock turned to confusion...had his dock finally been targeted? He quickly paged the Bridge and learned that a large battle was developing out in the frontiers. Grabbing his uniform jacket and hat, he took off for the Bridge...this didn't sound good.

"Captain on the Bridge!" shouted a tech as Hubes headed straight for the captain's chair raised above the center of the bridge. "Status report!" he commanded, bringing various charts and report screens up on the screen. He turned to his First Officer who began explaining the details of the escalating battle unfolding mere sectors away in the expanses. What had started as 3 ship skirmish had expanded rapidly and had passed 10 ships already...with USF being outgunned currently. His orders were simple...get out there and even the odds. Amidst the chaos Hubes smirked and let out a grunt realizing his wish had been granted...there would be no long and drawn out wait. That single sound silenced the entire Bridge...the uncharacteristic action stopping the crew in its tracks. "All hands to battle stations!", he bellowed as his smirk turned into a full blown grin, "Prepare to launch!"

*****to be continued*****

**Authors notes: So yeah...I got bored and figured it might be fun to toy around with CS a bit and make a story on it. Since if I actually tried to plan this out I'd end up never releasing anything, I chose instead to just run with it. I plan to bring many more people into it...but don't expect it to be factual...this is entirely fictional and just for the fun of it.**
Hubes
Hubes
Military Commander

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

CS Battlefields Empty Re: CS Battlefields

Post  Aloysius Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 pm

/me sits on edge of seat Very Happy

Aloysius
New Recruit

Number of posts : 8